Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Rights of time Passage

Im way to tired to even think about what the contents of this blog post will be.

So,

Dear Blog,

I have missed you. I missed you when the New Year came in and new things started happening. I missed you when I decided that eating home made waffles was more important than writing. I missed you when 2009 rang in and everything changed but my computer was off and not to be turned on for I am just too tired. I missed you when everything changed. I missed you when I felt like I had stepped out of myself again. Once I stepped back in, I realized that writing is always the best way to organize/ compartmentalize my thoughts.

Its a new year, but I still cant seem to shake off 2008. I wanted it to stay once I realized that the more time passed by the more I would start to feel pain. I wanted to hold on to the time frame when my mother was still alive. I wanted to still be able to say to people that it had been less than a year since she passed away. I still wanted 2008 because I am not done having a grieving excuse. I dont want February to pass, as all my memories remain as if they were yesterday. 2008 was too heavy of a year for it to simply pass casually in time- its as if it ignored me and went on its merry way without realizing that I am not yet done. I am not done.

Is it that simple? Is that just it? You live, you try to make the best of it all and most times its shitty because you slip and fall slip and fall , pick up the pieces over and over and over again only to realize that your 80 years old and your life is going to end? Or how about just not knowing when you are going to die- but reminded of the guarantee that you someday will?

Thinking ahead and moving forward without having dealt with the past can be dangerous. How would a person know that what they are doing right now is not just a manifestation of how screwed up (or maybe great) their past was? Is your past always meaning to shape you?

I passed by a live shot (news crew) while taking a walk today, and as I had worked with that station in the past, a small part of me immediately wanted to go over and see what the story was all about, talk to the reporter and videographer, not only because I knew who they were, but because I still felt like I wanted to be a part of all that. But my visions have changed, and instead I just walked away. If 2008 didnt turn out the way it did- would I still have had the same career goals? Maybe I would have become compleltey oblivious and never have asked all these questions. I might have turned out to be an entirely different person. But the wind of Tv Journalism did not catch me by storm as it had originally intended. I was on that path. But apparently, 2008 had a different path for me. Now im left with the debris, and 2008 just left me here.

I guess its not dangerous, it was just meant to be.

6 comments:

Errant Gosling said...

I can definitely relate to this. I hope you find your way soon.

Hu said...

Im very sorry to hear about your loss. Its difficult to deal with a loss, and attempt to try and understand that theres a great reason behind it....I recently lost someone very close to me.I'd like to hope and wish that she at the end of her time understood what it was to live, that before she was taken she knew the answer to the questions we all seek, How do you really live life and how do you know what that it all meant something....I am sure now that she found the answers. Thank you for your blog.
-L

Anonymous said...

"I am not done having a grieving excuse" You don't need an excuse for grieving your mum, you can take the time you want and need..it's not easy to move on...don't be so hard on yourself...
2009 will bring changes..you'll see, for all of us. *smile girlie girl* xoxo

MY said...

EG - Thanks. New beginnings.

_Eiehua - your welcome. im sorry about your loss as well.

Thrice - I just meant that it is often awkward when someone asks about my mother and I tell them just how recently she passed away. as time goes on, it seems further and further away.But not in my heart. Its not so much an excuse, but the world seems to move on around you -and its hard for me to do the same sometimes.

Marissa said...

I completely understand and relate. I'm in much the same mind-frame. Maybe we'll find our way together?

Anonymous said...

sometimes its good to take a break. great thoughts to ponder..