Friday, January 30, 2009

Over than Long Due

I sincerely dont know why the blog dry spell has continued for this long. I spend a lot of time reading all of your blogs, but I fail to contribute to my own . Is it my lack of motivation? Is it that I have so many ideas that I simply cannot pick/ focus on one? Whatever the reason. It must never happen again.

I do know that I have been preoccupied and also trying to redefine the purpose of my blog. I read a quote today about writing that was along the lines of- no one wants to read your diary, except your mother. I can easily write about my daily happenings. I can tell you what I do in a day. What I think. But I refuse. I somehow believe that when I write- it must mean something to me. I cannot ramble. I will bore myself because I know I have more important things to write about. Maybe I am afraid to take that risk.

I once found myself a very angry person when I started writing my shitty first draft for an essay I am trying to compose. You write your first draft without thinking, or editing. You lay it all out there with no censorship. How often do you do that in your writing. Write a shitty first draft about anything on your mind- you would be surprised to see what comes out. Send it to me. I would love to read it. Then I dare you to post it on your blog. If you do this, I will also post my shitty drafts. You will be surprised at what you have to say.

In the past few weeks, I have received two blogging awards. The Lemonade award and the Honest Scrap award.




Thank you Antonella (from the stupidest corner of my mind for the Lemonade award! She claims that I write with attitude, and I say that she writes with emotion. And thanks to Rosemarie from Just Moi .

Here are the rules. For the Lemonade, I must nominate ten blogs which I think show attitude/gratitude. But, I never follow the rules- so here are my top five.

They are:

Goslings Aerie
The Day to Day
Attaining the Unattainable
Just Moi
The Shared Journey


Of course, there are even rules in the blogging world. For this award they are:

1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap."
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

Here goes my ten:

1. If I could have a special talent, I wish I could sing. Sometimes I pretend that I can :P
2. I often get too excited about the cuteness, and cuddle-ability of my kitten that I want to squeeze him until he meows.
3. I check my email at least 20 times a day.
4. I miss being around people that can identify with my heritage/culture.. etc.
5. With the horrible economy and no job, I am wondering if I made a mistake by coming back to the US, when I had a "perfectly good job" in Oman. And when I say perfectly good, it only means that it was paying me money.
6. Sometimes I hesitate to write in fear that the flood gates in my head will spill more than they had intended.
7. I ran into some old friends at the coffee shop today and I was really annoyed to have to make small chat with them. Their lives seems so frivolous in comparison with the things that I am trying to accomplish.
8. I just wrote something really honest, and then erased it. I just broke a rule of the honest scrap award. You can take it back now :p I must always break a rule, don't I?
9. I cannot cook
10. I wish I could have one more day with my mother...

And the honest award goes to:

Attaining Me at Attaining the Unattainable Without going into specific detail of the particulars of a story or an event,This blog describes emotions and moments in life so artistically, and dead on. To the times when you think there is no way to describe that gut feeling, this writer has made the attempt- and succeeded.

The Lil Bee The vibe I get from this blog is nothing but happy. Its terribly cutsey, and I'm all about it.

Biscuit in a Basket I just love the title. Respects are due!

Crystal at Chances are im going to hell for this - Muslim, Jewish It doesn't matter :) Also love the title!

Mars at The Inner Workings of a Media Junkie. Her name is my nickname. She lives in the Arab world - and works there, just as I have. Her experiences I identify with. Media Junkie title more than caught my attention. Much in common!

Okay, I have had enough honesty for one night. I will soon find more in this infinite web of confessions, and all of your lives exposed ... I will find you :)
Maybe Ill get there soon too. Apparently, I am already making the right steps in that direction.

For tomorrow- more motivation. Inspiration in the lovely weather to be expected. In the progress I promise to create.

Love Love,
MY

9 comments:

Em said...

wow! thanks :)

Anonymous said...

Salaams MY

Thanks so much for the award!

You are in my reader, so I will catchup with all reading on Monday and Tuesday next week (travelling away from work)

I also need to blog about awards... much to catch up on!

Finally - you are probably the first person who I havent had to explain what my blog title means - so big appreciation for you on that! :D

Still looking forward to your post for 7Pi7D - yours will be the finalle! ;)

Felicia|DaLipstickBandit said...

love it! i'm going to repost on my blogs.

Felicia|DaLipstickBandit said...

i am going to change the names of the awards though...lol

...love Jillian said...

Glad your back...been missing your updates!

Thanks for the shout out!

Anonymous said...

I always write just all at once, I don't know if it's a draft or my final text, I just open the "create post" window, write and publish. I don't even use the spelling check tool...I guess now you know why my posts are that lame.

Errant Gosling said...

Thank you muchly for the award. Glad to see you posting again; you're too good not to.

Anonymous said...

I too like Anto am a ready fire aim person with regards to my posts.... but from time to time I do put together some utter crap. I'll make sure I send it over when I next write a crappy draft! :)

Attaining Me said...

Thank you so much for what you wrote-- it's a compliment I will never forget and one that I will aspire to make true.

I love your posts and will be here very often. Catching up on life as I was out of the country, but will comment and post my own awards before week's end.

Thank you.