Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Previous Delusions

So, A boring post starts out by telling you how I am doing, and what my day consisted of. My worries, and fears. I would tell you that my Bastian had his rabies shot today. That I have been productive lately. That my inspiration is returning again.

I gave a homeless man one dollar today. I wondered why I wasn't quite satisfied with my act of kindness. Was it because I was expecting him to be more grateful? Does that mean that it was a selfish act? I found myself questioning my true intentions. He also stared at my chest as I handed him the money. Hmph. Maybe that was it.

A thought occurred to me today as I saw some Indian girls talking in Hindi. When we go to a different country we subconsciously think we must stay as we are in terms of dress, but when people from cultures who do not typically dress western, they leave their cultural dress that they were born and raised into behind and dress differently. Why? While I was in Oman, I could have saved myself much social scrutiny by dressing how the locals did. But never did it occur to me to make it a habit. It wouldnt have been that bad after all :)

Two words: The Economy.
Last month, a job loss equivalent to the entire population of the state of Maine?? Are we on the verge of collapse?

What I am about to speak is utter truth. The more sunshine a person gets, the more motivated and better they feel about themselves. Their productivity shoots up. They become more motivated in such an depressing state of the world, their lives... The same applies to exercise. So, move to a warmer climate. OR- you must find alternatives for the sunshine. :) Healthy ones.

Here are some random things I find amusing.



6 comments:

...love Jillian said...

You're back! I missed you :)

Errant Gosling said...

I love the last picture. That's hilarious. :)

I used to think as you do about the sun. I still think it's mostly a blessing, but after day after day of sun without interruption, the sun can become just another source of monotony and routine. Really, what I think would inspire me now, are storms.

MY said...

Jill- I feel special. Check your last post comments! What is your email?

EG- Its true. I remember it in Oman. Another Sun. another day. annoyingly bright. I longed for the days of gloom. See the post about it here.

http://aramerikan.blogspot.com/2008/08/your-real-age.html.

(Is there a way to link to blogs in comments-- in a short way? I think there is...)

Errant Gosling said...

There is in blogger.

Highlight the URL you want and copy it.

In the new post window, highlight the text that you want to be the link, then click the little icon of a green circle w/ a chain link.

Then, in the filed, Control-V paste your url and click ok, or enter, or whatever. Ok, now going to your link.

Em said...

i love the pics :)

Anonymous said...

I have this thing about giving money to the homeless... I will buy them a meal, or will try and figure out how to help them in terms of a place to stay/hostel or how to get a job - but 9/10 times, I will not give them money... I just have this bad feeling that it's the easy way out for them.

Totally agree about the sun! I wish my job was more outdoor-sy, but I hope to push myself to get more client facing work over the summer so that I can get something while I travel to their offices and appear to be productive! A couple of colleagues and I have also starte a walking club at work, and a couple of times a week we walk about 3 miles every lunchtime - exercise and sun! So far, it seems good for me!

There are 2 ways you can shorten the blog URL in a comment :D
1)tinyurl.com - this can generate a random string for you which you can post - it is 25 chars max.
2)HTML tags - you can use this syntax - >a href="name of the page"< some text which can appear as a link >/a<

You will need to reverse the > and <; I did that so that the damn HTML appeared instead of working as a link :P