Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lights, Camera, Action!

Hi. Im leaving soon.

I feel indifferent. - and I hate indifference. Ive been waiting for this for a long time. Its as if suddenly, I'm not a kid anymore. But at the same time -- travelling alone is not as exciting as it used to be. I always travel alone! I wish I had someone to play with on the ride home. maa :(

But thats not what im trying to say! What I want to say exceeds the amount of time I have to post this blog. Practically, I am all packed up and ready to roll. But im a bit torn up inside about leaving. Ce La Vie, life must go on, on the tracks, on the presses- whatever! and im excited about that- to say the least!

Oman will always be a place I come back to. Its a home away from home. And it really carries a special place in my heart. Im thinking about it as how I am going to remember it in the future, and it brings warmth and sushine to my heart- because ive learned. so. so. much... now lets not forget that ;)

Its the beginnig of the ending, and the beginning of a beginning. :p

(Have you ever noticed that when you say or write a word three times or more it suddently looks and sounds really strange? lol)

well now.......

I spent a lot of time at the start of the year resenting the fact that I am here. I spent a lot of moments reminising about the life I used to have. I used to talk a lot about how "messed up" things are here, and its taken me some time to really understand WHY things are the way they are here. I now see the stark differences clearly and can interpret things with a more open mind instead of using clouded- one track minded thinking- I learned to accept , and in the end can clearly filter out the good and bad from both sides of the culture. Every culture has its baggage, and I shouldnt have ever been the one to keep tabs. Im glad ive come to the realization in which I can learn openly, and nicely...

and I do like it here. :O

There has to be another post later on about tolerance and community in the arab world vs the western one.

Its been good yall. Ill see you soon, here or there... ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully here....woo-hoo! Marwa's coming home!

I hope your flight goes well. (I guess, how could it go not well? Terrorists? Or maybe a cold sandwich).

I will see you in October hopefully, but if not then, then around Christmas.

Lars Shalom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love that film too! that worm! aww...I've actually googled it and there are puppets for sale I think! :D